Tuesday, July 20, 2010

preparation for the race



I love it when I read my daily devotion & it starts out:  Dear Kim,"

{insert from my daily devotion: A Daily Hope with Rick Warren}
The day you resign as General Manager of the Universe

you're going to find that it doesn't fall apart. 
You can relax in faith, trusting that God is able to run things 
without your help.
Twice in this passage it says, 
"Don't be afraid," 
and "Don't be discouraged." 
When you face a seemingly impossible situation, 
don't be afraid and don't be discouraged. 
Has God ever lost a battle? 
No. He doesn't lose battles.


You stand firm on two things:
  • The character of God - He's faithful. He does not bring us this far just to let us down. He doesn't bring you out on a limb and then cut off the limb. Have faith in the nature and character of God.
  • The truth of his Word - God's Word is faithful. You can count on the promises found in the Bible.
Ahhhhhh, the truth hurts sometimes.

I know I am not the General Manager of the Universe.
....I see myself as...the assistant General Manager.

alright, alright
Give up control and let Him fight the battles.
I get it, I get it.

:)

0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com