Saturday, March 13, 2010

i love apps.

I headed out the door this morning for another walk/run around the neighborhood in my continuous efforts to become healthier (aka - lose weight). Yes, that is 3 walks in 1 week. Oooooh, watch out! I just might start a pattern!

Each walk makes me fall more in love with my ipod touch. I begged my hubby for this amazing gift last Christmas & since then, I have become addicted to it. I love my playlists. I love my apps. My ipod touch is my friend, my favorite toy...oh, how I love thee (I believe this is actually a sin, but hey, I am being honest).

I downloaded some new apps for getting fit! Thanks to Drew over at Mom*Tog for sharing her walking/running apps with me. I love them!!

Yesterday, I downloaded
Couch to 5K. This is "a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks". It actually tells you what to do day by day. My "tells" I mean it talk to you. You can play your music as usual and it speaks over your music telling you when to run and when to walk. So you work in intervals of running until you are up to running a whole 5K. I used to run alot in college and LOVED running in 5k races. I was never in it for the race, but just to cross the finish line. I have yet to use this app but I think it sounds pretty cool. I also downloaded Couch to 10K. This is a 13 week - 3 days/wk - program which is supposed to coach you along, building up to running a 10K nonstop. I am really excited about this app. My hubby and I want to run a 10K together, the famous Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta on July 4th. I have exactly 13 weeks to get in gear! Both apps were just $2.99 each.

The app I used today on my walk/raum was pretty cool, too - iWalk (just $1.99). It's a customizable pedometer system. I plugged in my stride length to begin. Then, using the ipod touch's shake/movement sensor, this app kept up with my steps, time, distance & calories burned. It can do much more than this...but still, I thought that was pretty cool. I walked/ran 2.45 miles this morning.

Ooooh, I like saying that!!!!

Now, obviously one doesn't need all of these apps, but I am slightly addicted to apps. So, yes, I "collected" them all. I am also very interested in Nike+.

This might be a little over the top for me (at this point,
anyway). Apparently you use Nike+ shoes and the Nike+ sensor/receiver - all that YOU have to purchase. Sensor goes in the shoes & receiver attaches to you ipod. It tracks your run and keeps up with the data in your ipod.



{You use the Nike + iPod menu and choose how you want to run. You can use custom workout shortcuts to start your favorite workouts quickly. Try the open-ended workout or select one with time, distance, or calorie goals.
Then pick your favorite playlist,

shuffle songs, or choose Nike-created Sport Music. You can even program a Power Song to play when you need instant motivation.}
Now that does sound cool!!!!


Nike+ shoes range from $50 all the way up to $160 and the Nike+ sports kit is $29.99. So this seems to be an investment.

Hmmmm, I will have to put some major thought in this!

I DO need some new running shoes!!


0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com