Wednesday, February 24, 2010

7 Years Ago

Seven years & just 4 months ago, I met the love of my life.
I met {my soon to be husband} in October.
We became friends in November.
We had our first date on December 10, 2002.
We decided we were in love just a few weeks later and on New Year's Eve we planned to spend the rest of our lives together.
We became engaged in January.

And then...

We got married the very next month.

We dated for just 2 months and 12 days before we tied the knot.
This was my ready made family. The 3 of us! Tyler {his son from a previous marriage} was just 7 then. He was his daddy's best man!
Seven years & 3 more children {boys} later...








He has given me all that I dreamed of...I wanted to have a family and to be a mother and to be happy, to love and to be loved...and he has given me ALL that.
Don't get me wrong...our marriage hasn't been perfect. It takes work.
But, he gets me.
He gets me & loves me anyway. He puts up with my craziness.
I put up with his craziness & even like some of it.
He is so predictable & gets irritated with me when I can guess his next move.
I know him. And I know him well. I like that.
He is so slow...slow as Christmas & he snores so unbelievably loud.
He is so funny and makes me laugh all the time.
He gets on my last nerve with his jokes when I don't feel like laughing.
He likes hanging out with me & I like hanging out with him.
We have such a good time just being around each other.
He is my best friend. I get lonely when he is not around. I get lonely when we are upset with each other & distant.
I miss him when he is gone & travels for work.
He takes good care of me...he lets me stick my cold feet up close to him at night to keep them warm. Oh, and he loves his boys. He loves his family. And we love him.






AND, he has yet to trade me in for being the worst housewife on earth!
I think am going to keep him around.
He is the love of my life and look forward to the next 7 years.
Happy 7th Anniversary, babe!
I love you forever & I like you for always!
P.S. {I would like to have just one more...a girl this time, please & thank you.}

0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com