Tuesday, June 1, 2010

fast food

I am still in the country
seeking simplicity, peace and slow kind of living.

All I got was...SICK!

I have spent the last 2 days in the bed
listening to my hubby take care of the boys
while confined to the same bed, pillow & blanket...
...feeling like crap.

Oh, and I have giggled a little
while listening to the chaos
going on outside my sick room.
Hubby is doing great being the only parent in charge
...but it's wearing on him.
I can tell.

Today,
I decided I WOULD feel better!

I got out of bed around noon and threw a pork roast in the crock pot
with a can of soup and a pack of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.

On a side note...I ♥ my crock pot.
I could cook in it every single day!
Chicken, pork, beef...I could go on and on.

Anyway...

Then I went back to bed.

I got up again, feeling guilty for not parenting AT ALL over the last 2 days,
and decided I WOULD put dinner on the table
{like a good momma should}.

So...
I threw the pork on a plate.
I microwaved a pouch of rice for 90 seconds.
I microwaved a pouch of veggies for 4 minutes.
and set the table...volia...dinner!





























I will call this fast food
{it took me all of 6 minutes to put on the table}.
And, slightly healthy might I add
{yeah, yeah, I know, minus the sodium from the prepackaged food}.

And then,
I went back to bed.

0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com