Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Music on Mondays

I am going to love sharing music on my blog on Mondays! I love music of all kinds and I use music for all kinds of therapy in my life. I am very excited to share some of my favorite songs.

Music makes me happier when I am happy...cry when I am sad (and sometimes you need to cry)...it makes me worship and praise when I need to be closer to God...it makes me dance when I can't be still and just need to rock out...and music makes sing LOUDLY, no matter what.

This song, "A Little Longer" by Brian & Jenn Johnson, is one of my favorites (ok, I bet I say that every Monday). I try to listen to it everyday. It reminds me that what ever mood I am in...I need to be thankful. It is kind of a "this is the day the Lord has made lesson." Funny, I listen to it more when I am stressed and ill or grumply and frazzled. I have to remember to put things into perspective...my kids are beautiful and healthy and the sun is shining or the rain is falling and in all things...be thankful because HE IS GOOD and has blessed me beyond belief - even if I am ill, stressed, grumpy, or ALWAYS running late. I will never be able to thank Him enough for ALL he has given me. Everytime I listen to this song a rush of emotions just pours from heart.

Second lesson for me from this song...the following lyrics...always bring tears to my eyes and a smile to my face:

All of the words that I find and I can't thank you enough
No matter how I try and I can't thank you enough

Then hear You saying to me - Listen you, don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me and let those things go
'Cause they can wait another minute
Wait, this moment is too sweet
Would you please stay here here with me
And love on me a little longer

Man 'o man...this hits home for me...even my stressful moments, moments of chaos in my home, moments when my kids are all screaming at me at one time - they are sweet, sweet gifts from God. I love (and need) to be reminded that each minute with my kids are special and truly a blessing - that some day I will miss this, when they are grown and out on their own.

One time in my car with my boys having one of those bad car rides - when none of the kids were happy and we were running late as usual...I listened to this song & got teary eyed & grinned in knowing that even this moment is sweet. I said my little prayer of thanks. Sam, my 5 yr. old said "Mommy, why are smiling? James & Max are crying. Does that make you happy? Oh, and Max just wiped his snot all over his face. Does that make you happy, too?" This made me chuckle. Yep, even those snotty times are special gifts from God (did I just say that?). Of course, I had to explain to Sam that I am NOT happy when my babies are sad. Then, I gave him the "this is the day the Lord has made" lesson. I used this opportunity to say a prayer with Sam. We thanked God for the rain (it was raining that day) & for his little brothers, even though they were not happy right now.

Third lesson from the lyrics above: He really wants to be with me...in the good times & in the bad. He really wants to be with me? Really? Really! I love that. I am not sure why...I am far from perfect, I make mistakes and I constantly needing His help...I am so high maintenance. And he still wants to be with me. He really wants to be with me...A little longer...

0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com