Monday, January 25, 2010

Today is the day...

I can't take it any longer. I am officially uncomfortable in my own skin. After the holidays, New Year's, my birthday (which lasted over a week & 4 restaurants) it is finally time to take back control of my body. My motivation...
This hot little bikini (purchased from Target - on sale might I add & picked out by my hubby) is hanging on my closet door. Now after giving birth to 3 kids...I may not ever actually wear this little thing, but at least I will have to look at it everyday (over & over again) in recognition of the fast approaching season of little clothing, otherwise known as summer. My boys & I spend our summer at the pool - in swimsuits! Ughhhhhhhhhh!
Dieting (okay - I know - I am supposed to say "I am not dieting, but changing my habits") is very difficult for me for many reasons: lack of discipline, laziness, I like cheese, carbs and meat, I don't like fruit or veggies, and most of all, I prefer food prepared by someone else, in someone else's kitchen, with someone bringing it to my table and cleaning up after we leave (at a restaurant, of course). Oh, wait, that's the laziness, right?

I also think eating right goes hand in hand with exercise. I find it VERY difficult to make time for exercise. I have 2 little ones at home with me 98% of the time. They DO get dropped-off at Papa's house on Tues./Thur. afternoons so I can volunteer at Sam's school. By the end of my my week - I have used up all my babysitting time for that. I DO have a membership to a local gym and feel horribly guilty if I leave my little guys in the nursery there. Max would be fine, but James would NOT. Dropping him off in an unfamiliar place does not fit with his unique and emotional personality. I have struggled with this for years - finding time for me!

So after listing all the reasons I think I can't...

Today is the day. I can put this off no longer...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

PS - I will be giving up soft drinks as well. This is going to be tough!

0 comments:

 
CoffeeShop Designs
Design Elements from TheShabbyShoppe.com